Motivation. Motivation. Motivation.
If you can figure out what motivates each of your team members you’ll be miles ahead of about 98% of all other managers. What’s the best way to figure out what motivates your team? Ask them.
Knowledge is power. Ask each of your team members to answer the below questions and learn how you can recognize and motivate individual team members.
- What’s your all time favorite snack?
- What’s the best way anyone has ever recognized you?
- What’s your favorite type of food?
- Are you a cat or dog person? Why?
- If you could paint the walls any color what would it be?
- Do you collect anything?
- Do you know a funny joke? If so, what? Even if it isn’t that funny will you share it?
- If you could add one benefit to our employee benefits what would it be?
- Favorite pizza toppings?
- Favorite Happy Hour drink?
- It’t midnight and you are starving. What snack do you grab?
- You go missing on a Saturday afternoon. What store do your friends go first to find you?
- Coke or Pepsi?
- Best sports team ever?
- White, milk, or dark chocolate?